Features of eBooks
- Page amounts and physical amounts are not linear
- Version-ups after purchase
- Price can be changed (In Japan, most paper book prices can not be changed)
- Publish to world wide without airplanes and trucks
Technology books in Japan
- Many translated books from English to Japanese
- Short lifecycle (circumstances are changing rapidly)
- Volumes are too little to publish on paper
- Publishers do not like risks
- Many japanese are not confident for reading English books.
- Japanese books are not include English words. We can not search Google / Wikipedia.
More translations by practitioners, Less costs, With English
- Re-publish English book with Japanese (partial) translations
- Original author get same effect of selling original edition
- Japanese translator get revenue of additional value.
- Without perfect translation is ok.
- Translator can choose witch part he hope to translate.
- At first publish, low translation coverage, low price.
- Translators put new translation, kick version-up, move to higher price
- Early adapters can get new version without additional costs
- If the book sold much in early stage, encourage translators for rest of translation.
- Feedbacks encourage translators.
- It's ok for stopping translations, anytime.
- Ohter people hope to continue translation, can join translation community.